BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two Great Things In One Day!

First of all, a happy Mother's Day to you all! Hopefully you've all been nice to your moms today ;)

Secondly, I've FINALLY finished working on Chapter 5 of Into the Woods' second draft. Granted, it isn't the best thing I've ever written, there's always going to be time to go back and edit later. I'm very excited I've finally completed it though because this means I'm done introducing Shadow's POV and I can finally get into the jucier parts of the story. The rest of Part One should write itself out easily.

Here's a little excerpt for those who want to see:

Listening carefully, I realize just how loud he really seems to me. Coming from somewhere that was usually almost always bustling and filled with a constant din, this place seems nearly so silent that at times it makes me feel uncomfortable. What makes it worse is that there are only the four of us here and it always seems to be me that’s the first awake in the morning.  I could go on and on with the list of things that are so… foreign about living here, but I’d rather keep a positive attitude. However, I’m still not used to being able to lounge around in a pair of sweatpants for a good portion of the day without anyone saying something or casting me any not-so-friendly glances.

Like I said, the entire chapter is very draft-ish, so don't mind the sloppy sentence structure and what not.

I've also got a new video up on my youtube channel: the book review for The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I'll post the blog version up sometime this week, but for now, you can see the review here:

0 comments: